Eligible credit facilities for Moratorium
Personal Loans, Mortgages, Term Loans, Overdrafts or any other credit facilities in Rupees and Foreign currency, which are in the performing category as at 01 September 2021
Moratorium is for both capital and interest commencing 01 September 2021 to 31 December 2021. Alternatively, clients have the ability to restructure their existing credit facilities over a longer period.
How to request for the Moratorium
- Eligible borrowers who wish to avail the Moratorium, shall make a request on or before 21 September 2021 through their respective Relationship Manager, Branch network, Client Centre on 0112480480 or via an email to Feedback.RC@sc.com
- When requesting, clients are required to send:
- Duly filled Client Instruction Template, and
- Proof of Income impact.
- As proof of income impact, salaried clients shall produce:
- A latest salary slip reflecting impacted income with a pre-impact salary slip OR
- A letter from the employer confirming the impacted income.
- As proof of impacted income, self-employed clients and businesses shall produce pre and post impacted bank statements.
Structuring of repayment plan for Moratorium
Personal Loans, Auto Loans, Mortgages and Secured Term Loans
- All your amounts fallen due along with your existing moratorium loans during the previous and current moratorium / deferment schemes (including capital and applicable interest) will be combined into one new moratorium loan.
- Applicable Interest rate for the total deferred amount will be 6.93% p.a. for the deferred period and until you commence repayment of the new loan. Same Interest rate will apply for the new moratorium loan during the first 6 months.
- You may choose to pay the new loan as follows:
(a) Within a repayment period of up to 6 months (Commencing 1st July 2022) or
(b) With a repayment period of up to 6 months (Commencing before July 2022) or
(c) With a repayment period more than 6 months (Commencing from 1st July 2022)
- Alternatively, without deferring the instalments, you can restructure the existing loan facility over an extended period subject to an agreed interest rate with the Bank. Based on your request, the relevant tenure and rate can be agreed upon.
- Moratorium for secured cash backed facilities will be offered only up to the cash cover. As such, the total outstanding loan amount (including previous moratoriums) along with the interest and capital portion applicable for the payment holiday should not exceed the value of the collateral.
Concessions given for Credit Cards
- Please call us on our Client Care hotline or reach out to your Relationship Manager for the following:
- For a waiver on the Late Payment fee charged between 01 September 2021 to 31 October 2021, where your repayment was impacted due to the prevailing pandemic situation.
- To request for an extension on your due date, if your income is impacted from the prevailing conditions due to COVID-19 (applicable for statement due dates falling between 01 September 2021 & 31 December 2021). The request will be accommodated on the eligibility of each client as per Regulatory guidelines. The interest, however, shall continue to be accrued to your revolving balance during the period.
- If you would like to settle your instalment plan payments earlier than the scheduled final settlement date, we would be pleased to waive off the Early Settlement fee pertaining to same.
- Cheque return fee is waived off till 30 September 2021.
- Validity period of cheques valued less than LKR500,000 will be extended till 31 October 2021.
- Charges for cheque returns and stop payments will be discontinued till 30 September 2021.
- On request, late payment fees could be waived for delayed loan repayments during the ongoing travel restrictions.
- Due dates will be extended based on your request for permanent overdrafts due between 01 September & 31 December 2021. However, the interest will be charged for the deferred amount.
Please note:The above terms remain subject to any other Terms & Conditions which may be applicable as per the directions issued by the CBSL from time to time.
Further, any eligible borrower who has the capacity to service the loan repayment is expected to service such loan repayments instead of requesting for this extension.
Please note that this direct mailer is transmitted via a generic e-mail ID. Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you have any feedback or complaints/ suggestions, kindly email them to Feedback.RC@sc.com. If you have any questions or service enquiries, please call our 24-hour call centre on 0112480480. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving these e-mails, please type “Unsubscribe” and email to Bank.StandardChartered@sc.com.
You are advised not to send any confidential and/or important information to the bank via e-mail, as the bank makes no representations or warranties as to the security of any information transmitted. The bank shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from your decision to use e-mail to communicate with the bank.
It is essential that prior to taking into consideration any information on this e-mail or responding to or sending any information or material to us in response to this matter, you have read and understood this important notice.
Standard Chartered Bank is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka and is rated AAA(lka) by Fitch Ratings Lanka Ltd.